Thursday, March 22, 2012

Me and My Blog!  (Or:  Excuses and Disclaimers)

I'm a writer.  I'm a low carber.  When you put these things together, you either get a blogger or a cookbook author.  I'm a big believer in the concept that food and recipes are a social thing to be shared freely -- a gesture of caring and friendship.  So the idea of writing a cookbook to sell kind of rubs me the wrong way.  Also, I have plenty to say besides listing recipes.

So, a blog.

Let me state from the outset that this whole thing is profoundly abnormal for me.  I'm a fiction writer -- a fantasy novelist, to be specific.  Writing nonfiction in a public forum?  So not me.

My husband Paul will also tell you that I'm the barest step up from a Luddite.  Technology is not my strong suit.  So you can expect a really plain, elementary, un-fancy blog with absolutely no bells and whistles unless somebody decides to get on here and put them on for me.

What you CAN expect is a big, abiding love for food in general and low carbing in particular.  I'm enthusiastic about my way of eating.  I do it hedonistically and I want everyone else to enjoy it as much as I do.  I don't want a low carb lifestyle to be livable and sustainable.  That's not good enough for me.  I want it to be delicious and fun and an adventure and something to look forward to every day.

Head on over and check out my web site, too, at www.foreverinbluejeans.net, for recipes, my loopy cheese journal, pictures and so on.

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment