Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ebook Readers Take Note!

If you have some means to read Amazon ebooks (a Kindle, Kindle for PC, which is free, Kindle for iPad, what have you), there is a LOT of good stuff to be found in the Kindle store.

Dana Carpender is rereleasing her books in ebook format.  I also found a very old but beloved cookbook, Harriet Brownlee's The Low-Carb Gourmet.  There are, in fact, literally hundreds of low-carb cookbooks in the Kindle store, a few outright free, others free to borrow if you have a Prime membership.

I indulged today in one of my favorite guilty pleasures.  I pulled up the Kindle store cookbooks, priced from low to high (advanced search) and looked at all the freebies.  To my surprise and delight, there were numerous ebook versions of these wonderful antique "housekeeping" books I just adore.  These are such fun.  Written back in the early 1900s and 1800s, they're aimed at young brides.  Although they may have plenty of recipes in them, they may also have sections on things like how to make furniture polish or worm a horse.  They're just delightful.

And they have that wonderful free quality I so love in a book.<G>

No comments:

Post a Comment